Welcome back to My Best Business Mistake, where you can hear all about the unexpected twists that have transformed small businesses for the better.
In this episode, host Sue Brooke talks with guest Cherri Pedrioli, a self-confessed serial entrepreneur, author, and reconnective healing practitioner based in Santa Rosa, California. Cherri’s story is filled to the brim with inspiration, as she shares her journey from losing everything to building a successful business. You won’t want to miss it.
To listen along, head over to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots. And make sure you subscribe so you get the latest episodes as soon as they’re ready. If you’re loving it, leave a review to share how these stories have inspired you to keep at it.
Now, let’s take a look at what you’ll find in the episode and the show notes so you can jump right to the spots that most interest you.
My Best Business Mistake, Episode #4: Cherri Pedrioli
Cherri owns two successful small businesses, Custom Plumbing and Holistic Choices. And while she’s in a great spot now, she had to overcome intense loss in her personal life to get there. In addition to her story, she also shares some great tips that can help your business, no matter what stage you’re in, including:
- Why you need to hire people to help out and trust them with your work
- How to recognize when it’s time to make a change
- Why giving back to your community matters
- Why relationships comes first
But that’s not all. You’ll also hear her talk about why she became an entrepreneur, the business mistake that led to big opportunity, how she uses Alignable to connect and grow, her top advice for other business owners, and more.
Check out the episode and show notes below for more detail.
- Cherri Pedrioli on My Best Business Mistake
- [1:21] How did Cherri decide to become an entrepreneur?
- [3:17] Custom Plumbing
- [3:36] Taxes, Employees, Benefits
- [4:00] How quickly did Cherri grow her business?
- [4:35] What was her role in the business?
- [5:06] Payroll, Certified Payroll
- [5:34] Sue’s Tutoring Business
- [5:42] Brick-and-Mortar
- [7:07] What happened in 2016?
- [8:39] Sonoma County Wildfires
- [9:14] What happened with Cherri’s business after so much adversity?
- [10:34] Healing Fair, Alternative and Holistic Healthcare
- [11:08] How did Cherri decide to give back when she needed healing?
- [11:41] Lake County Wildfires
- [12:13] Reconnective Healer
- [12:26] What is Cherri’s best business mistake?
- [12:51] Cherri’s Compilation Book
- [13:27] What is her brand new business?
- [14:39] Affiliate Marketing
- [15:06] Income
- [15:11] Pandemic
- [15:34] The Tool Bag Diva
- [15:50] CherriPedrioli.com
- [16:13] Sonoma County, Alignable, Small Business Owners
- [16:28] How is Cherri using Alignable in her businesses?
- [16:43] Networking
- [16:54] Facebook
- [17:18] Zoom
- [17:34] BNI
- [17:48] Groups on Alignable
- [18:02] Industries
- [18:18] What is Cherri’s favorite small business other than her own?
- [18:29] Mom & Pop Stores
- [18:50] Cultivate Homes, Vineyard Table, Sebastopol, CA
- [19:28] How Sue met her sister on Ancestry
- [19:56] Local Businesses
- [20:01] Is there a business or product Cherri wishes she started herself?
- [20:19] Virtual Assistants
- [20:42] What is Cherri’s favorite quote and why?
- [20:49] Nelson Mandela
- [21:40] What is one piece of business advice Cherri would like to give?
- [22:01] Product vs. Service
- [22:53] Follow-Up System
- [23:15] Connect with Cherri on Alignable
- [23:25] Make sure to follow My Best Business Mistake on your favorite podcast spot and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts
- [23:31] For more business success tips, head over to growyourbusiness.alignable.com
- [23:36] Connect with Sue on Alignable
- Theme Song: Rock Upbeat Positive by SOUNDFORYOU
What is My Best Business Mistake?
My Best Business Mistake is a podcast that shows how unexpected twists often transform small businesses for the better. Each week, you can learn about a real small business owner who took what appeared to be a disastrous failure and turned it into an amazing opportunity , making it the BEST Business Mistake they could have ever made!
Hosted by Sue Brooke and powered by Alignable, the social referral network—where more than 6 million small business owners feel at home.
How do I join Alignable?
Thanks for listening to Cherri Pedrioli on My Best Business Mistake. If you’re not yet a member of Alignable, now’s the time to join! You can sign up here.
What was your favorite part of Cherri’s story? Have a great business mistake you want to share on the podcast? Leave it in the comments!